Seaforth Raiders is one of Sydney’s fastest growing Junior Rugby Clubs. The on-field emphasis is on boys and girls trying their best, having fun and playing to win on the field, while off the field the focus is on nurturing the true family friendly spirit of Rugby.
2020 will also see the Raiders offering several exciting choices for girls who want to play Rugby!
For girls and boys aged 6-18 we will have various age appropriate competitions to ensure your child has a great introduction to Rugby.
We are also entering teams into the Sydney Junior Rugby girls Sizzling 7s and Frosty 7s competitions, open to girls aged 12-18. These are 5-week competitions held each school term, and registration for this competition is also available.
All skill levels are welcome to join.
Boys options include teams from Under 6 to Under 9 in the Northern Beaches Mini’s Competition and teams from 10 and over in the Sydney Junior Rugby competitions.
Player registration for 2020 opens on Saturday 18 January. Please note the “NSW Active Kids” $100 voucher program, which can be used towards your Raiders registration fees.
How to Register
Here are all the details you need to ensure your returning or new Raider is ready to kick-off the season.
Step 1 (optional):
Apply for a $100 Active Kids voucher here.
You will need your child’s Medicare card and 5 minutes to complete the form, after which you will receive your $100 voucher by email, which can then be used at time of registration.
Please note that the Active Kids voucher is single use only. You will not receive credit for any unused portion. Do not use the voucher for a $20 transaction.
NOTE: When entering your the Active Kids voucher number into Rugby Xplorer it must be entered without spaces in order for the voucher number to be accepted.
Logon to the ARU’s new registration system. Once in, click on the ‘Register’ link on the left of your homepage. If you have registered your kids before, they all should be listed here. If any of your children are missing, use the link provided to search for their record.
If you are new to Junior Rugby this is where you start. Click on ‘Create a Rugby Linked account’
Things to remember:
1. XV’s is boys and girls. 7’s is girls only at this stage.
2. Active Kids voucher number must be entered without spaces.
3. When selecting registration type:
XVs Juniors includes the following competitions: Mini’s, Sydney Girls North and Sydney Junior Rugby Union.
7s Junior Girls includes Sizzling 7s (and Frosty 7s which opens later in 2020).
4. The club provides a generous family discount. The family discount will only be applied for children linked to your account. Each child must be registered and paid for, one after the other, in one continuous session, for the discount to be recorded.
5. Under 6 registration is free (other than insurance and the NSWRU charge of $30.25).
6. Passport style photos are required for U10 and older.
7. When prompted, make sure your child's record is set to 'public'. This is important for the club and for ongoing competition management.
8. Active Kids Voucher are single use only. There is no credit provided for partial use.
What you will need:
Child’s height and weight (for the ARU’s age grade dispensation procedure)
Passport type photo (for U10s and up. Used for player identification on game day)
A self-help sheet is here.
If you have any questions at all, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you. Everyone is welcome at the Raiders. We are a family-oriented Club, and we look forward to your family joining us!